Thursday, August 30, 2007
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Wow! I'm in love with this bag. I just have the straps to finish, or one strap to finish and then this thing is getting felted! But isn't it just so beautiful? I can't believe I used a pattern, I am so proud of myself. It was so hard to stick to the pattern and not make changes, but I did it. There were a whole hell of a lot of ends to weave in, but it wasn't too bad.
Monday, August 6, 2007
1. What is/are your favorite yarn(s) to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorite yarns are wool, multiple or single ply. I DO NOT like working with cottons and acrylics.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a Namaste needle binder, some handmade rolls and a little stand-up tote that sits on my coffee table.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate, or advanced?
I have been knitting and spinning for about 4 years. I learned to knit in college when a guy who lived across the street from me wanted to learn to crochet...he taught me to knit, I taught him to crochet. I would consider myself advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wishlist?
5. What's your favorite scent?
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Hmmm.....I LOVE sour patch kids and sour gummy cherry coke bottles!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I also make jewelry (beads), sew, and dye yarn. I DO spin. I LOVE to spin. I spin A LOT!!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's? (If your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like classic rock, alternative, and punk. Yes, it can play it!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you can't stand?
My favorite color is green...just about any shade. I also like blues and yellows. I don't necessarily like pinks and purples, but they are okay in SMALL doses!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a five year old female black Labrador.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens, or ponchos?
Scarves, hats, gloves or fingerless mitts (no mittens, please).
12. What is/are your favorite items to knit?
Sweaters and socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A LOT OF THINGS....but seriously, quite a few socks, a sweater or two, a tote bag, and quite a few spinning projects.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course, don't you?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo. Circular and DPs
16.Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmmm, do abandoned projects count? No? okay, then probably a year.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Frogs. Anything frog....cute frog, not ugly frog.
20. Any books, yarns, needles, or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't use patterns, or it's VERY rare that I use patterns. I don't have any subscriptions, but I do buy Spin-Off and Interweave Knits regularly.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not that I can think of!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
YES!! I don't know that I know how to measure my foot....I'll have to come back to this one later. (I usually just try them on as I go!)
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Friday, August 3, 2007
How gorgeous is this? I cannot wait to get it done. Sure, there are a lot of ends to weave in, but it's a lot of fun anyways. It only takes a few moments to knit each little triangle and it is an easy knit. I cannot wait to finish and felt this bag. I haven't had much luck in the past with felting, but I have a newer washer and I hope it will do a better job. If you have any advice about felting, please give it to me, please!