Monday, August 6, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

Here is the questionnaire for SP11. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than August 15th.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn(s) to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

My favorite yarns are wool, multiple or single ply. I DO NOT like working with cottons and acrylics.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a Namaste needle binder, some handmade rolls and a little stand-up tote that sits on my coffee table.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate, or advanced?

I have been knitting and spinning for about 4 years. I learned to knit in college when a guy who lived across the street from me wanted to learn to crochet...he taught me to knit, I taught him to crochet. I would consider myself advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wishlist?

No, sorry!

5. What's your favorite scent?

Orange Bergomot

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Hmmm.....I LOVE sour patch kids and sour gummy cherry coke bottles!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I also make jewelry (beads), sew, and dye yarn. I DO spin. I LOVE to spin. I spin A LOT!!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's? (If your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like classic rock, alternative, and punk. Yes, it can play it!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you can't stand?

My favorite color is green...just about any shade. I also like blues and yellows. I don't necessarily like pinks and purples, but they are okay in SMALL doses!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a five year old female black Labrador.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens, or ponchos?

Scarves, hats, gloves or fingerless mitts (no mittens, please).

12. What is/are your favorite items to knit?

Sweaters and socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?

A LOT OF THINGS....but seriously, quite a few socks, a sweater or two, a tote bag, and quite a few spinning projects.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Of course, don't you?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo. Circular and DPs

16.Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Hmmm, do abandoned projects count? No? okay, then probably a year.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

N/A

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Frogs. Anything frog....cute frog, not ugly frog.

20. Any books, yarns, needles, or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I don't use patterns, or it's VERY rare that I use patterns. I don't have any subscriptions, but I do buy Spin-Off and Interweave Knits regularly.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Not that I can think of!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

YES!! I don't know that I know how to measure my foot....I'll have to come back to this one later. (I usually just try them on as I go!)

23. When is your birthday?

October

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Jamisyn

No comments: