Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's getting there!

Here is the quilt. I just have to add the border, quilt it, and bind it. I have to say, it's going very well! I just love all the colors. The border fabric isn't straight black. it has blue and green swirls with brown under tones. The border was not part of the pattern, but I think it will draw the eye to the center of the quilt and it just makes the colors pop!
Is this not just the coolest quilt you've ever seen? Leslie is a wonderful woman whom I recently taught to knit and whom has helped me get started quilting. She made this for me! She knew my love of frogs....and you know what the coolest thing about this quilt is? The line of fabrics feature knitting "stitches"!! How cool is that? She is really a great friend!

Here are some fat quarters I bought when I was buying my border fabric. I spotted these a few weeks ago at The Back Door and have been thinking about them ever since. Purple and gold look so great together! This is going to be an awesome quilt as well!
Here is my new sewing box. This is sooo me. I just had to show it off. I bought some other stuff as well, but I haven't taken pictures yet.
There hasn't been an actually knitting, but there has been a lot of thinking about knitting. I am going to finish my Dream in Color sweater and start another sweater in a beautiful yarn from Briar Rose. We'll see pictures of those soon.


2 comments:

Marigold said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the way the squares fit together,and I have absolutely no idea how you did that! :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't finished my first quilt yet--but I have to say that yours is beautiful! Very cool effect with the squares.