Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Things

I have been sick for well over a week. Not sick, sick. Just sick. Sick of things for one, yes, just things. One thing I AM happy about, though, is that I got the yarn I ordered last week:

The color isn't really actual in either of these. I did the best I could. It's Madelinetosh Worsted in Olivia. I love it. Unfortunately, I cannot start knitting with it yet. I have yet to make much progress on my in-design-AND-knitting-phase sweater...having had to change some of the design elements without ripping. I did a reasonable job doing so, it just took me a week to actually want to do it. So, now I am back to the point where I can knit away. And at some point I am actually going to do that.

I missed knit night last night. I'm not too happy about it, but sometimes you just have to take care of things. Things for me would be my personal life that is hanging on by a very thin and breakable thread. I'm doing what I can.

There will also be a mystery project I am going to start working on either tonight or tomorrow. I'm excited and yet scared of starting this mystery project. It means knitting when it might all be pointless. Taking time, money, and effort when it could all be for not. But, I am going to do it, if for nothing else than, to save my sanity. It will be worked on in tough times. It will be worked on instead of having nights like last night. And I'm hoping it doesn't get knit as fast as it seems it would for all the reasons I have to actually knit it. I will hopefully be able to post some progress on it, and maybe a small picture or two.

1 comment:

RacineDKringle said...

What gorgeous colors that yarn is! What's the URL of the dyer/manufacturer of it?

I hope your mystery project is appropriately.. long and mysterious =) Definitely post some pictures, it'll be like reading a great book with a surprise wonderful ending once you post the FO photo!