Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Workin' it Out

I was sick all weekend. Not sick in the way most people would think this time of year when they hear the word "sick." Many times over the last five days I have wished that I had just gotten the flu. I think I would have rather been bed ridden, vomiting, and unable to eat than what I had. I had a sore throat. I had a throat that was so sore it was bleeding. I couldn't stand the thought of swallowing. And, NO, I did not have strep throat. It started on Friday night with that feeling in your throat when you KNOW something is coming your way. By late morning Saturday, I knew I was going to be laying on my couch in sweats for the rest of the weekend. It was terrible. I'm still not at 100%, but I'm getting close.


Saturday morning I went to a "craft day" hosted by a woman who works in my office. She, as well as most of her friends, are quilters. Last craft day (over the summer) hanging out with the quilters and being the only knitter, I bought a quilt kit and started sewing my first quilt. Shortly after piecing my quilt, my machine died. Having not bought a new machine or getting the old one fixed, I brought my quilt along to use someone's machine. I got all the quilting done, all I have left to do now is the binding. But that won't get sewn on until I find someone's machine to borrow. But currently the quilt looks like this:

My friend Jennie (knitter, pictured right) came with me on Saturday and worked on her Malabrigo sweater. Since it's been a while since I have designed and knit a sweater I told her I was going to do so. And I actually did it. Because I was couch ridden (hehe) I spent the whole afternoon Sunday working out a design and casting on for a new sweater. I'm pretty excited about this one. When I am finished writing up the pattern Jennie is going to test knit it for me.

2 comments:

Mia said...

nice quilt! I bought a sewing machine once a few years ago. It's still new. Never could figure out how to thread the dang bobbin and gave up.

Jennie said...

Umm yes....let's talk about the sweater design really quick....

Is it done yet?!

hehehe

-Jen