Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Old FO's

Before I had a blog....there were FO's, I swear!



This is my mod of the CPH. I love knitting sweaters. This is the first (and only) time I ever even LOOKED at a sweater pattern, preferring to just "knit it." I adapted the pattern and completely rewrote it for my style of knitting. I don't swatch, like, ever, so I had to adjust some things. I don't think I could fully explain what I did, but I LOVE this sweater. I knit it in the round, raglan style (sort of), sans hood, with an extra long body and sleeves with the cable on the sleeves meeting in the middle on the back. Don't get me wrong-the hood is so cute on the original pattern, but if I had put the hood on, it wouldn't get as much use as it gets now. I used Cascade 220 in a lovely wine color (not sure what the name of this color is), and six beautiful wooden buttons.



Trekking socks, color 100 (?). Green is my favorite color, so when my LYS got this gorgeous colorway in, I just HAD to have it. Definitely one of my favorite pairs. 80 sts on size 1's. The leg is a garter rib and the foot is regular 2x2 rib.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful!

Mia said...

omg that sweater is gorgeous! I bow to your knitting skill ::laughing::

but i really mean it. I don't believe I've ever even actually attempted a cable. Yet....

Sarah said...

I think I'm going to keep going on the pink socks. I hate frogging, and I needed a mindless travel project. Thanks for reminding me that the other option to finishing is frogging....

Sarah said...

Also, gorgeous sweater.

Sarah said...

Also again, TAG on yet another meme. See my blog for details.