Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ravelry

I love Ravelry. I do. I love it for many reasons. I love seeing what people around the world are knitting. I love seeing what projects people are knitting with what yarns. I love finding new shops and new dyers. But most of all, I love that I can find people that live near me that share in my obsession. After chatting back and forth a bunch of times on Ravelry, a woman and I decided to meet. Being somewhat new to the area and working in construction it has been difficult to find friends that (1) are not male, (2) are my age, and (3) knit. I was ecstatic to learn that this woman doesn't live far from me. And on top of that, we seem to have so much in common. She was so sweet; she even brought me a skein of Dream in Color Baby. I wish I had thought to come bearing gifts. I want to do something special for her. Not only did she bestow upon me a wonderful skein, but has given me the inspiration to knit something that I have always wanted to. Clapotis. I wound my yarn last night, I have my needles, and I will cast on at lunch.

No comments: