Tuesday, January 27, 2009

If You're Happy and You Know It...

I'm way past this point, but I don't have a more current picture...yet. I'm enjoying the simplicity of the pattern and really loving the outcome. I wish I had made the scarf a little wider, I think I will have a lot of yarn left over. But in the case that I do, I will make a matching hat. And if I make it to a yarn shop, maybe I can find worsted or chunky yarn to match for some mittens.

I've also pulled out an old sock to knit on. No pics of that yet either, but I'm thinking that I'm going to work hard and finish them up. It'd be really nice to have a new pair of socks for the first time in forever.

I went to knit night last night and had a really great time; though there were few in attendance. I have missed knit night. Before last week, I hadn't been there in over four months. I've been missing out for sure. Luckily my local knit night is held at a Panera Bread (yummy teas and coffee drinks) and it's every Monday. It's awesome.

1 comment:

Marigold said...

lol, I was wondering how you did know I was moving...ah ha! you went to knitting at Panera's! :D

We're moving sometime this summer. The husband will be transferred to Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas. It's a nice place to live, and we're both familiar with the area.

My Clapotis scarf is made out of the Lorna's Laces Lion&Lamb. I've enough left over to do another scarf, so maybe I'll have to make one for me for next winter, maybe. Yours is looking really nice, and I wish I had one too...