Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Accomplishments

While I did not accomplish everything I wanted to this weekend; I did clean out my closet like I said I was going to. It's hard putting all those nice clothes into the donation pile when you know you've only worn them a couple times, but I did it and have a nice pile of stuff for goodwill.

I was doing good on Friday night, cleaning and such, until I turned on the tv...then it all went downhill. I was tired and the couch was calling my name and I gave in and layed down and man, it was nice.

Saturday morning I woke early went and had breakfast alone (that can be very nice at 7 am) and then to the store to look at nice green plants for my apartment. I've killed every plant I've had. I don't know why. So, I bought two very healthy looking plants and big pots and good potting soil and hope that I can make them thrive instead of die...

I also did a little experimental dying on Saturday. I dyed three skeins of sock yarn that will be up in my etsy shop as soon as there is good light to take pictures. It's been raining like crazy here the last two days. It's miserable and this morning there was snow mixed in. The average temp for this time of year is 59 and it's only 39!! BS I tell you!

Yesterday, my yarny friend Jennie came over to hang out. While she was there very little knitting got done. I dove into my fiber stash, not looking for anything, just to see what all I had and I found a bunch of rovings and fibers that I forgot I had. Baby camel, cashmere, cotton, tons of wools and wool blends, soy silk, ingeo, silk hankies....there was tons of interesting stuff. Tons of stuff I bought just to try and then it all got stashed away. I did do a tiny bit of spinning on a roving I already had started and that was the Picaso colorway of Louet Northern Lights. Mindless spinning is good and Northern Lights is perfect for that. Jennie did start a hat though, and it's beautiful.

A couple weeks ago when Jennie was over, I busted out my hand spindles and gave her one and some roving and told her to try some spinning. I think she liked it. I sent her home with the spindle and a bad of wool. When she came over Sunday, she brought more than a pound of hand dyed rovings that she had gotten. I think she hopes to pick herself up a spindle at the Fiber Event this weekend.

Well, that's all I got. Not exciting, no pictures....it doesn't help that my up close and personal yarny photos all suck. I'll get pics soon!

1 comment:

Mia said...

wow, you HAVE been busy! And I know what you mean about hating to throw out clothes you never even wore. I think i have some from about 10 years ago hehehe.

Wonder where you went for breakfast?

heheheheh - i just type that then go to put in my word verification - the word is..... "guess"!!!!!