Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY

Tomorrow my mom is getting married!!

TR and I are heading up (2-1/2 hour drive up north) tomorrow morning to have lunch with the *new* whole family. Afterwards my mom and I are getting our hair done (updos). Then pictures outside, then pictures inside....then WEDDING!!


I can't wait. I am so happy for her and wish her happiness through the rest of her life. And think this guy is going to give it to her. At least he'd better *wink* or he'll have to answer to me.


Did I ever talk about my new kitten on here? Well, if I haven't, let me introduce my sweetie:

This is Hazel. She is the cutest, feistiest kitten ever! Here she is in the sink. We've only had her for a month and she's my tiny new friend! I'm kind of hoping she's a small cat. She's a torti....so beautiful!

Bad thing about kitty #1:

Hazel likes to attack feet, legs, knees, thighs, whatever is available, whatever she sees. Hazel is too small to be declawed (well, she might be big enough now, but wasn't before and you'll see the reason in bad thing about kitty #2 as to why we are waiting). Wedding tomorrow. Feisty kitten who attacks legs. I really didn't want to look like trailer trash in a really nice dress with scratches and bruises all over my legs. And I was doing really well at avoiding it...until the last two days. Hazel has gotten me a number of times (maybe ten) on my feet and legs. Now my legs are totally going to look horrible. Not happy.

Bad thing about kitty #2:

TR and I are going on vacation (finally!!!) to Florida in a week. From Friday until the following Monday. More than ten days. I don't know who to trust with the care of my kitten. There aren't a lot of options either. One of TR's kids could do it. But they'd need to come every single day to feed her and keep her company for a little bit and for younger kids, that can be a lot to take on. I really don't want to take her anywhere, as several have suggested, because I will not trust the care of my kitten to someone who has no connection with her.

Yep, that's it.

Oh, and we bought a boat. Nothing fancy, nothing new. It's almost 20 years old, good condition....and will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to get out on the water!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, God bless them.

Tomorrow my "adopted" son is getting married too! In Santiago, Chile.

::sigh::

That's a long ways away.

mia.

Marigold said...

Hazel's a great name! and she's a lovely little ball of fluff.

two things we did to break kittens of bad habits (everything from the sneak attack, to eating yarn, to trying to escape out the front door) was to use a rolled-up nosepaper to smack their nose. Or, keep a water-gun handy to soak the kitten everytime she's naughty. Although, it still takes a lot of patience to teach a cat _anything_

Jennie said...

I second the water gun. We usually go with the squirt bottle though! Spaz has been squirted a couple of times so far---and he HATES it!! I think he now knows not to go into the fireplace and not to claw the couch. Thankfully Taco is doing a wonderful job at teaching him where to scratch and stuff. Spaz loves to attack the hands and feet too. You and I should compare our battle wounds.

If you need someone to check up on kitty---I am more than happy to do it. I am free now that my pops is gone! What dates you going? This Friday to Monday? If so---that is definitely doable! Let me know!

Jamisyn said...

Bad Thing about Kitty #3

Not afraid of water. Loves the shower and sink....