Monday, August 3, 2009

Update

Hello all. I am still alive. I got layed off in May and started a new job in July. I haven't really been knitting. I have been poorly tending my garden. My tomatoes are suffering from something, don't know what. My entire garden is suffering from rabbits, even though I have a rabbit fence reinforced with chicken wire. And moles. The trouble is never ending. I have been helping my boyfriend work on his house including putting up lots of new siding and soffit. I'm hoping for a vacation very soon. I am worn out from working all weekend making saddles. No, not horse saddles...

Oh, did I mention I'm sick. Tonight is knit night....can't decide to go or stay home...

3 comments:

Lexie said...

I'm glad you are still alive. My advice is go to knit night. This may be a dumb question, but if not horse saddles, bike saddles? Motorcycle saddles? double flared ear stretcher saddles? I can think of no other saddles. Hope you feel better soon.

Jamisyn said...

Lexie-they are insulation "saddle" for piping systems. It's a 12" long piece of sheetmetal rolled to half the diameter of different sized pipes....a 20" saddle is HUGE and weighs A LOT. A saddle sits underneath pipe but on top of the pipe hanger to protect the insulation from being crushed...

My boyfriend and I work for mechanical insulation companies, two different ones, and competitors. He makes saddles as a side business and sells them to his company and occasionally mine. It's lucrative. I shouldn't complain too much but I am soooo sore from carrying thousands of pounds of metal multiple times over the last two days!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, critters in the garden. I feel your pain. They didn't yet get all the squash tho. Want some??

Did you stay or go to knitnight? I had the same problem with work this morning. Decided to stay home.

Hang in there

::hug::
mia