Friday, April 27, 2007

Bad Weather, Good Spinning

A few weeks ago, I ordered some wonderful Merino from Dragonfly Fiber Designs on Etsy. I had been eyeing this 4 oz. bundle of joy for a few weeks when I decided I MUST have it before someone else swooped it up. (Picture only shows about 2 oz.)After I received it, the poor fiber sat in my stash as I slowly made progress on my Violets. Needless to say, I couldn't stand it any longer. So, here are the beginnings of some very wonderful sock yarn!


These pictures do absolutely no justice to the beautifully dyed roving and the subsequent yarn. The bright yellows, oranges, and lime greens are hidden by the browns at the moment, so I will show more pictures as I make progress. I am shooting for around 20 WPI as a 2-ply. I cannot wait to start knitting what will be very bright, gorgeous socks!





You Are Olive Green



You are the most real of all the green shades. You're always true to yourself.

For you, authenticity and honesty are very important... both in others and yourself.

You are grounded and secure. It takes a lot to shake you.

People see you as dependable, probably the most dependable person they know.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Looks gorgeous. So nice to see my roving spun by another. Can't wait to see it spun ndplied. Thanks!

Gryphon said...

Our lives are coincidence ridden. Kate of Dragonfly Fiber Designs is my good friend and semi-partner and I have the honour to carry some of her rovings in my studio-shop. I also found A Blossom Knits through your blog a day after she ordered yarn from me. Knitblogland is a tiny place, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I always love watching the colors change on the bobbin as a spin. That stuff is gorgeous!