Thursday, May 29, 2014

Floors, Boating, Etc.

So there really hasn't been much crafting going on in the last week or so... We had some floors refinished.  Three rooms.  Three rooms that held a lot of furniture and stuff.  Lots of stuff.  One of these rooms was my sewing room.  We had very little notice to move our furniture and rip up carpet.  Needless to say, my house is a mess.  However I am so happy with how our floors turned out.  They are original Beech wood floors:
After the carpet was ripped up:
After sanding:
After stain:
After seal/finish:
These pics are all of my dining room.  My sewing room looks the same.  Extremely happy with it.  

When I pulled out the furniture in my sewing room, which is/was a mish-mash of old furniture, furniture from my old apartment, etc., I decided it was time to make my sewing room more...everything.  I need more room, I need wall space, I need organization.  So, I don't have much in there now except piles and piles of fabric, yarn, and supplies.  And before I can, or want to, put it back together, I want to paint and finish it up all nice.  I also need to get some new organization and storage furniture.  This is all going to take some time.  I'm hoping by the end of the weekend, the painting and finishing will be done.

Of course, I also bought a new couch for my living room, which also needs to be painted, along with the vaulted ceilings, new fixtures, and new electrical devices.  I have my work cut out for me.  Think I can get it all done this weekend?  I hope so.... My couch will probably be ready for delivery in a couple weeks.

Picking paint colors...oy, still have to do that.  That will probably be the most time consuming part of it all... And patching the drywall.  So much to do!!!

We did manage to get some nice boating time in over the holiday weekend.  Spent the night on the boat with the kids.  It was wonderful!
And as for my health, well, I'm done with Cleveland Clinic.  Went back to my doctor, different medicine.  Tired, insomnia, hot flashes.  YAY  Could be worse though, could always be worse.

:)




1 comment:

http://essaymojo.com/ said...

Your new floor looks stunning! It is really shining soo much! You did a great job.