Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Love Etsy

Okay, I know this is a horrible picture and a little out of focus, but the light is bad in my house at night and I really wanted to take a picture of this beautiful singles. I didn't get a picture of the roving, although it is not all spun up yet, but I am planning on having this yarn done by tomorrow evening. I purchased this lovely hand dyed at Poppy Flower Fibers. Not that I've ever had a bad experience buying from Etsy sellers, but my experience with Poppy Flower Fibers was fantastic. I will definitely buy from her again. Oh, did I forget to mention how awesome this Superwash Merino is to spin? It's not only beautiful (bad lighting, sorry, more pictures to come) but an absolute pleasure to spin. It's spinning up so quickly. That is at least one ounce. I have another ounce to go on that bobbin and then two more on another. Have you read the new Spin-Off? Well, I have and I am spinning this like the yarn (sock) on the cover. Breaking the roving in half, spinning one half as is (bobbin one) and breaking the other half into eight small strips (bobbin two). I've never thought to spin like this and I am excited to see how this yarn is going to turn out.

3 comments:

Gryphon said...

Looks like you're getting some spinning of your own done. The secret to doing as much of it as I do is simply to quit your job! Can't wait to see that yarn come together, it sounds very cool. I guess I should subscribe to Spin-Off...

Sarah said...

Wow, looks great.

Gryphon said...

Neither of the email addresses I have for you seems to work anymore -- can you send me another? tshrew AT hotmail DOT com