Thursday, June 7, 2007

Yarny Goodness!

Okay. So I was reading Lorn'a blog The Stitchin Corral (found through Sarah) and saw that a bunch of them went to a yarn shop called Sheep's Clothing in Valparaiso (Valpo for us region rats). I've never been there even though I used to live in the region. See, I didn't start knitting until I moved to college, so I missed out on the yarny goodness around the hometown. So, because Lorna seemed to like it so much, I decided I had to make the 80+ mile trek up north to see this shop before I moved another 80 miles further south (making that a whopping 160+ miles total). Plus, I got to visit a friend I haven't hung out with in quite a while (like 4 years).

This is Koigu. I've never had Koigu. I am very excited to start some socks!! The top is P407 and the bottom is P707.
This is Dream in Color (bottom) in Cloud Jungle. Colinette Tagliatelli merino tape in Charcoal (top).
I was not too happy with the shop I bought this group of yarns from. It was called Stitch by Stitch in Highland, In. It was a large, nice space with practically nothing in it. Anyways, the Alchemy (top) Bamboo in Koi Pond was buy one get one free, so I guess it was worth it. The Trendsetter Tonalita (right) was a gift for my non-knitting friend. I will make her a pair of mitts. I specified non-knitting because the fiber content is 52 Wool/48 Acrylic. And last, but not least, is the Noro Silk Garden in color 245. I just loved the color and I am going to make myself loooong fingerless mitts in preparation for the winter (I know, I know, it's awhile before winter but what the hell, why not?)
While at Sheep's Clothing, my friend and I saw a little bead shop right next door, and of course we had to go in. As soon as I walked in the door, I spotted these. My friend and I used to have necklaces in highschool (matching of course) as a symbol of our friendship. So, I am going to make these into keychains for us.
This is my goofy dog Sadie. Sarah had asked me awhile ago to post a picture of her. It's not that I don't have a million pictures of this cutie, but they were all older. She was sleeping, belly up, on the couch the other night and we (the boytoy and I) thought it would be hilarious to stick a bottle of Belvedere by her and snap a picture! She didn't think it was so funny and got up right after I got the picture.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you found Sheep's Clothing! It's the best yarn shop ever. You will adore the Koigu. I'm making some socks out of it now.
What a cute puppy!