Friday, June 1, 2007

Movin' on Up

I promise there has been fiber/yarn related activities!! However, I am in the midst of getting ready to move and most of the knitting and spinning have been put on hold. All of my needles and yarn have been packed away except for my works in progress, and there's not much progress going on.

Monday, a friend of mine and I dyed some sock yarn. It was fun, I should have worn rubber gloves the whole time, but I didn't and it took a few days for my skin to turn back to a somewhat normal color, although my fingernails are another story... You can check out what we did in my etsy shop.

I finished all the crochet squares for my version of the Larger Than Life bag, but that's as far as I've gotten. That probably won't get worked on until after the move. I did break down and buy the magazine in hopes to actually use to the pattern....but pattern, schmattern!

Well, that's it for now, I am going to continue packing. We are moving on Thursday, and I cannot wait to get out of this town!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Try Lava Soap...that stuff really works.

Saffista said...

Your yarns are really nice! I am jealous as I can't spin and my dye jobs come out looking like those gawd awful pastel mints!

Anonymous said...

Those skeins are beautiful! What type of dyes do you use?

Jamisyn said...

I used Koolaid!